Welcome to Petree Repurposed! This is the blog by Petree about her adventures in adding a bit of color to our world-through paint, crafts, decorating and art.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The First Purple Desk

I found this great desk in Farmington and waited to paint it. It was so cool, with this compartment on top. I debated about color, but couldn't decide what to do hoping that fate would let me know. Well, I had this great customer who had three daughters and she was looking to get desks for them for Christmas. When she saw it she said, "I want it purple". My heart sank because I was kind of thinking...pale yellow. But then I remembered that purple was my FAVORITE color when I was a little girl. In fact, my favorite bike, was purple. You know the kind with a banana seat. Well, a sale is a sale. And as Mike says...if she wants it in purple...then purple is shall be.

I painted that desk with all my heart. I meticulously examined it from all angles and make sure the purple desk was perfect. And then I added purple knobs and lime green knobs. Even better, I added the purple lover little girl's initial in lime green "M". I hope she loves it as much as me.

Here it is:



This desk prompted my customer to tell all her kids' friends' moms...a business is born. Thanks Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment